</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/333496984853340853?origin\x3dhttp://nycb-batch-2008.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello!!! It's my first time posting here! I'm so excited! lol

Since it's my first time posting in this blog, lemme tell you something interesting about the band and the batch.

I LOVE NANYANG CONCERT BAND!

Oh my god I could open a fan club!
All those who love NYCB scream! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh gosh. You have no idea how much I love this band.
NYCB is the best CCA in the whole world! At least the best I had ever went to.

I had joined two CCAa before NYCB, and oh my do they suck. The seniors treat the juniors like dogs. They have this condescending look on their faces as they look down on us.We don't talk to anyone beyond our batch. We think the other people outside our batch are all inferior.
The seniors also don't bother to help the juniors when they need help. They just shake their heads and maybe laugh at us. Those batchmates who can communicate better with the seniors, ignored us and just spend all her time on kissing the seniors' ass. You have no idea how I hate the seniors!

But when I got to NYCB...my thinking have changed! The seniors treat us so nicely, we talk to each other as freely as if we are best friends. We are such a big group of people but we seem to know everyone as good as our back of the palms.We love each other and gave encouragements whenever we did not do as well as we hoped.

Now lemme tell you HOW MUCH I LOVE OUR BATCH!
I like our batch. It's the biggest batch in NYCB, and we have peeps from our batch in every section. With our batch alone, we could form a small band ourselves.
With the best oboist too! Haha just kidding.
Our batch is also the one with always the full attendance one. Hehe we are so
guai. :) I am so proud of our batch. That's why I love it.

Okay so ultimately, I love NYCB and our batch! I love the seniors too, and the cute juniors who look way more mature than me...and our wonderful wonderful music!


"During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and playing song
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories in the band

My dream as a child was to fly high into the sky and play that song, my favourite song
I forgot about that small dream as more SIAs and homeworks pile up

But when I am miserable and I hear of that song, I remembered my dream
My dream to play this song while flying around the world

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and playing song
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories in the band

I cannot understand why tears come out when I look at the
silvery sky
I cannot understand why I forgot how to play the song with passion

At times I too want to just fly high into the sky
Just playing that song with all of my heart

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and playing song
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories in the band

Lal-la-la-la-la lal-la-la-la-la lal-la-la-la-la lal-la-la-la-la lal-lal-lal-la la-la-la
Hymn to the infinite sky
I won't forget anymore
I want to fly around and show the world our music!

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream flying around the world and playing Hymn to the infinte sky
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers how much I want to play this song for everyone to hear"


This is Balloons lyrics edited. I hope even though we got silver, we will still give all our effort and passion for band, next time we will aim for a gold with honours. Hwaiting, NYCB and batch! I love you too much to just leave you at silver! I love you so much I'm going to aim at Gold with Honours!
This is liwei btw. lol

music is my everything
NYCB rox:)7:27 PM

♥ NYCB sec two batch '09=]

Flutes
Anne
Meri
Serene

Clarinets
Chia Ying
Esther
Jinny
Rachelle
Tasha
Yu Jun

Oboes
Li Wei


Saxophones
Jane
Joan
Kayla

Bassoons
Fang Yi

Trumpets
Cheryl
Keye Cheng
Vania
Xinyi

Horns
Sarah
Sherena

Trombones
Clarissa
Joei
MichelleTay

Euphoniums
Mei An
Valerie

Double Basses
MichelleLim

Percussion
Rae
Sheryl

Tubas
Ming Sei

♥ BIRTHDAYS<3

Joan 150195
Rachelle 160195
Jinny 200195
Xin Yi 220395
Joei 310395
Anne 060495
Esther 150495
Serene 150495
MichelleLIM 170495
Jane 080595
Chia Ying 160595
Valerie 300595
Ming Sei 300595
Meri 310595
Cheryl 120695
Kayla 150695
Fang Yi 230695
Li Wei 260695
Yu Jun 220795
Tasha 230795
Vania 170895
MichelleTAY 160995
Sarah 180995
Sherena 051095
Rae 061095
Keye Cheng 121095
Sheryl 141095
Mei An 121195
Clarissa 301195


THE EARPHONES

music playlists here (:

♥ LINKS

alena, alicia, amandachan, amandalee, annabelle, beishi, celine, charis, charlotte, cherylho, cheryllee, cheryltong, chingying, chunhui, clara, clarice, cynthia, esther, fangyi, germaine, huizhen, jacey, jane, jiaying, jingyi, jinny, joei joy, judy, junqi, kayla, kexin, keyecheng, liting, liwei, lorraine, meian, meiqi, mellissa, michelleTay, mingsei, nicole, pamela, patricia, pearlynne, peisan, peiwei, qianwen, qiuluan, quinza, rachel(tpts), rachel(flutes), rachelle, rae, rie, rosalind, rouhui, sabrina, sandy, sarahLEE, sarahONG, serene, sherlyn, sheryl, shimin, siewying, silei, sunran, suyi, tasha, theodora, tianhui, valentia, valerieGAY, valerieLIM, vera, wan ting, wanyu, wenting, xiaohui, xichen, xinyi, yufei, yunxin, yuzhen, ziyan

♥ SECTIONS
clarinets, euphos, fluboes, horns, percussion, saxes, scones(sec 4'09), sec3'09s, trombones, trumpets

band photos :D
more band photos :DD

SPEAK UP

Make some noise



CREDITS

DESIGNER (:

Image is taken from: here
Image is hosted on: here
Basic codes are taken from: here



past

June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 July 2009 August 2009 December 2009 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 July 2011